Atara, Beit Furik, Huwwara, Za'tara (Tapuah), Sat 8.12.07, Morning

Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Email
Netanya G, Hanna B (reporting). Reporter and a camera woman, the norwegian tv
Seriously? Does this make us safer?

Translatyion: Ruth F.

There were no lines, only few cars and no inspections were preformed. The reserve soldiers that arrived in a jeep were aggressive, especially one of them who's expression left no doubt of his contempt for us. We didn't get into an argument and left after a short while due to lack of "work".

A long line of 50 cars that didn't move. We didn't stop but instead we called the Humanitarian Center and officer R' from the DCO, who took care of the event very efficiently, as the line dissolved quickly.  On our way back there wasn't a single car there.

We arrived at 8:00- a very late hour for this checkpoint. There was in fact much traffic, but not as much as the one on Saturday, when we arrive early. There wasn't any pressure at the entrance to Nablus. There were two officers and a DCO officer. We didn't have a conversation with the soldiers or the officers. While we were talking with our guests and telling them of our past experiences at Huwwara, one of the soldiers intervened and asked when had all of those events taken place. He told his friends about what we said and presented it as "the lies these women tell, it's really unbelievable". Our mate from the "Oketz Unit" was active, but only on and off. We were glade she didn't let her dog enter the cars, because considering the rain and mud on that day, the consequences could have proven to be disastrous for the car seats.
When a truck was being inspected the cabs in line had to wait for 40 minutes. The passage for a car that was detained took about ten minutes.  

We must once again note the rude behavior of the military policewomen.
Where do those girls learn that crude and insulting language, that humiliating behavior?

They had a Kidush, but the checkpoint wasn't closed. 

Beit Furik:
We stood on the eastern side of the checkpoint, our backs were facing the field and behind us were Dir El Hatib and Alon Moree. We were on the same level as the white line but in front of it- standing in a place from which we could see what was happening. We didn't approach anyone, we didn't intervene, we only stood there and talked to each other.
The guests filmed us. Suddenly there was a racket- the soldiers said they would close the checkpoint until we left. We refused to leave. "It's the brigade commander's order" we were told.
They began with the provocations- they got the Palestinians against us. "We are closing the checkpoint until they leave- and for every five minutes they are here we will pay". The Palestinians obviously tried convincing us to leave- but we kept refusing. We told the soldiers that we would not leave- it was as clear as that.
We called the spokesman of the HQ, the brigade commander and the head of the DCO.
The first two answered and promised to take care of it.   Then we got a call from the regiment commander who thought we might have been bothering the soldiers- we responded to that.
After less then five minutes the checkpoint was open, to the soldier's great disappointment, after promising us that they wouldn't open the checkpoint even if we called the military of staff". 

D' the DCO representative came and talked to the soldiers who said we had crossed the road and came to the turnstiles- which of course we didn't do. They promised the camerawomen that they would break her camerainfo-icon, it was Saturday and they were religious.
This wouldn't look good on the Norwegian TV, and we didn't spare them the explanations about who has what to hide- and we were especially upset to the way the closureinfo-icon of the checkpoint effect the Palestinians.

This occupations must be stopped!