Beit Iba, Huwwara, Za'tara (Tapuah), Sat 20.12.08, Morning

Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Email
Irena., (a visitor from Italy) Natanya G., and Hanna B.(reporting)

Translation: Hanna K.

Shift from 06:30-12:45
Today's headline: nothing new under the sun...

We noticed from afar that there are many detaineesinfo-icon here.
When we tried to find out what it was all about, we found a big group of about 20 people who were rejoicing and laughing. We couldn't exactly see what was so funny. But quickly it turned out that we also have no common language - they talk in Arabic and we in Hebrew. With the help of our devoted driver we learned that they were workers from the village of Ossrin (near Akraba) and were caught for having committed one of the occupation crimes that cannot be forgiven - they were on road 505 which is intended for " masters only". The soldiers just saw us and as if by miracle the ID cards were returned, less one ID. It has to be pointed out that the CP commander, a young and pleasant young man' did all he could in order to find the lost ID card. We too tried to search it - to no avail. In the end all the 20 people pushed into the transit car, intended for 7 people, and drove to the place where they were caught to find out whether the ID card fell there and got lost (it was probably cut in two from use). We didn't hear anything from them - and we hope that the ID card was indeed found.

Beit Iba:
There is heavy traffic, both of pedestrians and of vehicles.
Those entering Nablus, especially students, both girls and boys, are not checked. The pedestrians leaving Nablus are checked and the passage takes about half an hour.  At the car-checking station we met "sting" (the dog) - young and cute who today learns the task on the drivers' back. From time to time, sporadically, they stopped a car and the search began. "Sting" who didn't know what was expected from him did everything in order to evade the job, and "his madam" fought him vigorously. In the end the dog agreed to sniff and in the end received something in return. The car drivers, on the other hand, showed anger, disgust, impatience and shame - everything so well known. One of the drivers turned to us and showed us that the girl soldiers and "Sting" harmed his car during the search and caused a damage which he estimated at IL 300,-. We referred him to "Yesh Din" who immediately contacted him and instructed him regarding the required steps for submitting a complaint. Most of the cars passed to Nablus without being checked and the bus passengers were not made to leave the car. At the  exit from Nablus papers were checked - but everything was conducted quickly and as far as it was possible to see from where we stood, without special problems.  Two busses with Israeli number plates were not allowed to enter Nablus.

At the car pass, on a porter- cart three geese were sitting, seemingly on their last route. They looked at the surroundings, and one could learn from their look that the new and shiny "life texture" looks as cruel as the old one, and that humans who produced this "comfortable and modern passage"  are even more evil and imbecile than the three fat and "shocked" geese.
The average pedestrian passage took about an hour, people pushing in the long queue impatiently and angrily. There are two "regular" checking stations and one "humanitarian" - where the passage was quick.
Naturally, and as ususal, a soldier checks the women and girl-soldiers, screaming shrilly and aggressively, who use only the two eternal words they know in Arabic - ya'alla and irja - they are the ones who check the men. The "walse steps" are performed as usual, and the machines screech incessantly. And this is what we paid for, we and not the "angel", with our good money! 
The new arrangement by which one passes the certificate through the upper slit and get it back at the lower slit, does not always function. Instead there is a thin stick which helps those that are "stuck in the hole" to get out - there are really no words....and we were told that the passage takes five minutes!

We were finally convinced that in order to be the army spokesman it need "laundering" skill and knowledge of the art of lying that is incomparable!

One detainee, dressed in his Sunday best looks as if hs is used to be detained. "The soldier promised that it would take only half and hour" he explained to us. We on the other hand were not prepared to accept "the verdict" obediently. Now we went to look for the DCO man. "where is he" we asked the CP commander. "there, on the vehicle passage. We asked  why the man is detained "I have enough on my head without you" was the answer.
So we went back to the vehicle passage - no sign of the DCO man.
It took some telephone calls to the humanitarian center and to the DCO until the "lost" man was found. In the meantime the man was released - exactly half an hour has passed!

On our way to Jerusalem we stopped at Beit El, near the courthouse, to visit a friend that processes there a family plot of land. Yesterday he turned to us for help when the settlers, wild teenagers and children, attacked him and his father and tried to turn them out of their plot. On the spot there is a water well, which of course belongs to the family since generations and generations, and which served the Beit El settlers as a place for their ritual bath. We drank tea with the nice family and shared their hope that the new plants which they planted just now would bear fruit when time comes, and would not be smitten by the axes of the settlers.

At the Hizme CP there was a queue - because it's Saturday and there are no settlers. We were asked to present ID cards. The girl soldier who was checking smiled - and why? She too is called Natali, exactly like Natanya.
The joys of the occupation!



כותרת היום: אין חדש תחת השמש....

כבר ממרחק הבחנו כי במקום מעוכביםinfo-icon הרבה מאד אנשים. כאשר ניסינו לברר במה מדובר מצאנו חבורה גדולה של 20 אנשים צעירים צוהלים וצוחקים. לא בדיוק ראינו מה מצחיק, אך מהר התברר כי גם אין לנו שפה משותפת – הם בערבית ואנחנו בעברית. בעזרת הנהג המסור שלנו למדנו כי הם פועלים מהכפר אוצרין (סמוך לעקרבה) ונתפסו על אחד מחטאי הכיבוש שעליו אין סליחה – על כביש 505 המיועד ל"אדונים בלבד".  רק ראו החיילים אותנו – ובדרך פלא מיד הוחזרו תעודות הזהות, חסר תעודה אחת. ראוי לציין שמפקד המחסום, בחור צעיר וסימפטי, עשה כל מה שניתן על מנת לחפש את התעודה האבודה. גם אנחנו ניסינו כוחנו בחיפוש – ללא הצלחה. לבסוף נדחקו כל 20 האנשים לטרנזיט המיועד ל-7 אנשים ונסעו אל המקום בו נתפסו על מנת לברר שמא נפלה התעודה (שהייתה כנראה חצויה לשניים מרוב שימוש) שם ואבדה. יותר לא שמענו מהם – ואנו מקוות כי התעודה אכן נמצאה.

בית איבא:
תנועה ערה הן ברגל והן ברכב. הנכנסים לשכם, בעיקר סטודנטיות וסטודנטים אינם נבדקים. הולכי הרגל היוצאים משכם נבדקים והמעבר דורש כחצי שעה. בעמדת בידוק מכוניות פגשנו את "עוקץ" – צעיר וחמוד שלומד היום את המלאכה על גבם של הנהגים. מעת לעת באופן מדגמי עצרו מכונית והחיפוש התחיל. "עוקץ" שלא ידע את המלאכה עשה הכל על מנת להתחמק מהעבודה, ו"הגברת שלו" נלחמה איתו במלוא המרץ. לבסוף נאות הכלב לרחרח ובסופו של דבר קיבל תמורה. נהגי המכוניות לעומת זאת הפגינו כעס, סלידה, קוצר רוח ובושה – הכל מוכר וידוע. אחד הנהגים פנה אלינו והראה לנו כי החיילות בבדיקת "עוקץ" חיבלו במכונית שלו ונגרם נזק שהוא העריך בכ-300 ₪. הפננו אותו ל"יש דין" שמיד התקשרו אליו והדריכו אותו לגבי הצעדים הנדרשים להגשת תלונה. רוב המכוניות עברו לשכם ללא בדיקה ונוסעי האוטובוסים לא הורדו מהם. ביציאה משכם נבדקו נירות – אך הכל התנהל במהירות ועד כמה שניתן היה לראות ממקום עומדינו ללא בעיות מיוחדות. שני אוטובוסים בעלי לוחות זהוי ישראליים לא הורשו להכנס לשכם.

במעבר המכוניות, על גבי עגלת סבל ישבו שלוש אווזות כנראה בדרכן האחרונה. הן הסתכלו על הסביבה וניתן היה לקרוא ממבטן ש"מרקם החיים" החדש והנוצץ נראה אכזרי בדיוק כמו זה הישן, וכי בני האדם שייצרו את "המעבר המודרני והנוח" הזה רשעים ומטומטמים אף יותר משלוש האווזות השמנות ו"הנדהמות".
המעבר הרגלי הממוצע דרש כשעה – האנשים נדחקים בתור הארוך בחוסר סבלנות ובכעס. שתי עמדות בידוק "רגילות" ומעבר "הומניטרי" – שבו המעבר היה מהיר.
כמובן וכרגיל, חייל בודק את הנשים וחיילות, צרחניות ואגרסיביות שבפיהן רק שתי המילים הנצחיות המוכרות להן בערבית – יאללה ואירג'ה – בודקות את הגברים. "ריקודי הוואלס" נמשכים כרגיל והמכונות מצפצפות ללא הרף. ובשביל כל זה שילמנו, אנחנו ולא "המלאך" במיטב כספנו! הסידור החדש שבו מעבירים את התעודה דרך החריץ העליון ומקבלים אותה בחזרה בחריץ התחתון לא תמיד פועל. במקום יש מקל דק העוזר "לנתקעים בחור" לצאת – אין מילים.... ולנו סיפרו כי המעבר דורש חמש דקות!השתכנענו סופית כי על מנת להיות דובר צה"ל צריך כושר "כביסה" וידע באומנות השקר שאין דומה לו!

מעוכב אחד, לבוש במיטב מחלצותיו נראה כאילו הוא רגיל להיות מעוכב. "החייל הבטיח שזה יקח רק חצי שעה" הסביר לנו. אנחנו לעומתו לא היינו מוכנות לקבל בכניעה את "גזר הדין". עכשיו יצאנו לחיפוש אחרי המת"קניק. "איפה הוא" שאלנו את מפקד המחסום. "שם במעבר הרכוב" (הערה על העברית הקלוקלת נבלע בגרוננו). שאלנו למה האיש מעוכב "יש לי מספיק על הראש גם בלעדיך" היתה התשובה. הלכנו "למעבר הרכוב" – אין זכר למתק"ניק. נדרשו כמה שיחות טלפון למוקד ההומניטרי ולמת"ק עד ש"האבידה" נמצאה. בינתיים שוחרר הבחור – חצי שעה בדיוק עברה!

בדרכנו לירושלים עצרנו בבית אל, בסמוך למחסום בית המשפט, לבקר חבר שמעבד שם את חלקת האדמה המשפחתית. אתמול פנה אלינו לעזרה כאשר מתנחלים, בני תשחורת פרועים וילדים, התנפלו עליו ועל אביו וניסו להבריח אותם מחלקתם. במקום באר מיםinfo-icon, השייכת כמובן למשפחה מדורי דורות, ששימשה את מתנחבלי בית אל כמקווה. שתינו תה עם המשפחה הנחמדה והשתתפנו בתקוותם כי הנטיעות החדשות שנטעו זה עתה אכן יניבו פירות בבוא היום ולא יפלו "חלל" לגרזני המתנחלים.

במחסום חיזמה היה תור – כי שבת היום ואין מתנחלים. נדרשנו להציג תעודות זהות. החיילת הבודקת העלתה חיוך על פניה – ולמה? כי גם לה קוראים נטלי, בדיוק כמו לנתניה. שמחות הכיבוש!