Jurish | Machsomwatch
אורנית, מהצד הזה של הגדר


See all reports for this place

an ancient village, of which 62% of the lands were defined after the 1995 agreements as Area B, while the remaining 38% Area C. Israel confiscated 17 dunams of the village's land for the construction of the Israeli Migdalim settlement, in addition to expropriating land for Road 505. In mid-2016, a road was blocked by the IDF (partly paved by the Palestinian Authority) that connected Jurish to Road 505. This is the shortest way to get to Jurish from the main road, without bypassing another 6.5 km through Qusra.

From 2014 to mid-2016, volunteers from the Watch checkpoint in the village held English, yoga and Hebrew classes for girls.